[Tugindia] Cross-referencing using hyperref

Nina Mazumdar nina.mazumdar at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 14:42:11 CEST 2008

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 5:22 PM, aniruddha majumder
<invincible19812000 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear TeX users,

>  I am a new user of LateX. I want write a report with the cross-reference.

Guess, you meant hyperlinking.  For cross-reference you do not need
hyperref at all.

> For this I am using hyperref package. But the
> problem is, when I TeXify  the file (to include
> some ps graphics), it shows the message, " The
> document cannot be rendered properly because
> the current render method does not support post
> script specials. Temporarily switch to the Dvips
> render method?"

> When I select yes and get pdf file from dvi,
> the hyper referencing is not working ( i.e.
> jumping from one section to another).  Could you
> please suggest me how use hyperref properly in Latex?

You may either use:

  \usepackage[dvips,<other options>]{hyperref}

and compile the document with output switch and generate pdf with the
following sequence of events:

  pdflatex --output-format=dvi <your file name>
  dvips <filename>
  ps2pdf <filename.ps>

Alternatively, convert all your postscript graphics into pdf format
with epstopdf and run the document as you did now.

Happy TeXing and best regards

--
Nina