[Tugindia] doubt regarding the usage of standard article class

Duvvuri Venu Gopal venugopal_duvvuri at rediffmail.com
Mon Sep 24 14:29:02 CEST 2007

Hello

What example you need? Publishing houses created their own classes and the style and documentation along with template are available at their sites. If you want to write article using 'article' class then follow the TUG India LaTeX Tutorials.

However, I am giving below a dummy article template:

\documentclass[a4paper,12pt]{article}%it should bethe first line
\usepackage{xxx}%whatever packages you want to use, e.g. amsmath

\title{The title of your paper}

\author{Your name\\
         address\\
         address\\
        \and
        Your coauthor if any\\
        his address}

\begin{document}

\maketitle

\begin{abstract}
Here type your abstract ....
\end{abstract}

\section{Give the nameof the section}%e.g., Introduction

\subsection{If you have subsection}

\subsubsection{If you have subsubsection}

\section{Here another section}%e.g., Review of Literature

\begin{thebibliography}{99}

\bibitem{xyz}
Authors name, article title, journa name, year, pages % or whatever

\bibitem{abc}

\end{thebibliography}

\end{document}

Hope this will do.