[Tugindia] How to use JPEG2eps

Kapil Hari Paranjape kapil at imsc.res.in
Mon Oct 22 06:46:09 CEST 2007

Hello,

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007, sudheer wrote:
> I have downloaded the software JPEG2eps as per recommended by one of the
> memeber but I found that the documentation is in German so I could not use
> it. Can you please tell me how to use it?

I cannot tell you about this but there is a general conversion
program that is part of "ImageMagick" or "GraphicsMagick" which can
convert from jpeg to EPS by the command:
	convert jpeg:infile.jpg eps3:outfile.eps
This causes no significant loss from the JPEG file to the EPS file.

Another alternative is to use pdflatex to convert LaTeX documents
directly into PDF (and include JPEG figures unchanged).

Regards,

Kapil.