[Tugindia] Tex in Linux Mint 3.0 Cassandra (GNOME)

A. Mani a_mani_sc_gs at yahoo.co.in
Tue Nov 13 19:13:16 CET 2007

Re: Tex in Linux Mint 3.0 Cassandra (GNOME) (Samar Sinha)
> I am using Linux Mint 3.0 (code name, Cassandra) (GNOME), based on Ubuntu
> 6.04 (Debian based) in my system. I am trying to install TeTeX (LaTex for
> Ubuntu/Debian) from the synaptic package manager of Cassandra.
>
> Kindly help me what are the necessary packages that I need to install and
> what are the packages that I need not install in my system. Moreover, I
> wish the tex users to guide me for installation.

Since you are using synaptic, simply try to install Kile or Texmaker and Vim
(latex mode). Most of the basic things will get installed automatically.
Then you must decide on the language packs, fonts and converters like
latex2html etc. Texlive is better than Tetex.

Best

A. Mani

--
A. Mani