[Tugindia] Problem with Malayalam when using TeXLive

V. Sasi Kumar vsasi at hotpop.com
Fri Nov 9 16:05:23 CET 2007

I unwittingly upgraded by system when I was doing a document in
Malayalam. As a consequence I now have texlive instead of tetex and my
Malayalam fonts are apparently not seen. When I try to convert from
dvi to pdf using the command dvipdf, it gives errors saying it cannot
find the fonts mlr1b and mlr4b. I am pasting the error message below.
What can I do?

$ dvipdf Lesson1
dvips: Font mlr1b not found,  using cmr10 instead.
dvips: Checksum mismatch in font mlr1b
dvips: Font mlr4b not found,  using cmr10 instead.
dvips: Checksum mismatch in font mlr4b
dvips: ! invalid char 189 from font mlr4b

Interestingly, when I compiled the same T.mm file on another machine,
I got a different layout, with images being pushed out from some pages
to the next so that I got more pages. I thought this should not
happen.

Best
--
V. Sasi Kumar <vsasi at hotpop.com>