[Tugindia] Kile again

S. venkataraman svenkat at ignou.ac.in
Fri May 11 06:56:40 CEST 2007

Others have already told you how to convert .fig files to .eps files.
I just want to add the following:
> I am using usepackage {epsfig} in the preamble
Use \usepackage{graphicx} instead, unless you have a specific reason to
use epsfig. Browse through
http://www.tex.ac.uk/ctan/help/Catalogue/entries/l2tabu-english.html
 It describes the commands that are obsolete and are to be avoided.
[S. venkataraman]
> \psfrag
> \psfrag
The above two lines appear redundant to me.
[S. venkataraman]
> \resizebox{3in}{!}{\includegraphics {filename.eps}
> \caption
> \label
> end{figure}
> but get an error message saying : file.eps not found and bounding box
not
> known.
> I also find that the document does not compile if their are errors in
the
> figure attachment. Say if fig on page 3 don't attach, then page 4
onwards
> does not compile. So does it mean each page has to be completed before
we
> can move to the next one?
Yes. Also, read the help file of Kile.  It has lot of useful information
about including graphics files.
Regards,
[S. venkataraman]