[Tugindia] Query over wrapping of text...

V. Sasi Kumar vsasi at hotpop.com
Fri Mar 9 08:02:42 CET 2007

On 05/03/07, Kapil Hari Paranjape <kapil at imsc.res.in> wrote:

> Here are the packages that seem to be relevant:
>         picinpar (appears to be deprecated)
>         picins (doesn't come with minimal texlive install)
>         wrapfig (doesn't come with minimal texlive install)
>         floatflt (OLD)
>         floatfig (OLD)
>
> I haven't used any of these myself.

I have used wrapfig earlier and have got very satisfactory results.
But now I find a problem. I am using wrapfig to insert figures and
tables in a two-column document in the report class. I find that some
text appears along the side of the figures even when the figure is as
wide as the column. I use pdflatex, but it does not give any errors.
The same is the case with tables also. I use some other packages also
in the document, including graphicx, geometry, palatino, fancyhdr,
color, colortbl and longtable, apart from multicol and wrapfig. I
tried disabling geometry and longtable, thinking that there could be
some clash between the packages, but there is no improvement.

Does anyone have any idea why this could be happening?

Thanks.
--
V. Sasi Kumar <vsasi at hotpop.com>
Visit http://chithariyachinthakal.blogspot.com