[Tugindia] Changing chapter heading style

Sasi Kumar sasi.keraladevelopment at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 13:47:33 CET 2007

On 08/03/07, rns <rns at krishtelemaging.com> wrote:
> Dear Mr. Sasikumar,
>
> Try replacing \parbox with \psframebox[fillcolor=black,
> fillstye=solid]{....}
>
> You should \input pstricks before you give this command.

I tried modifying the line in the cls file as follows:

\input{pstricks}
\def\@makechapterhead#1{%
  {\parindent \z@ \raggedright \normalfont
    \ifnum \c at secnumdepth >\m at ne
        \par\nobreak
        \vskip 20\p@
    \fi
    \interlinepenalty\@M
    \psframebox[fillcolor=black,fillstye=solid]{\huge\textbf\sffamily\color{white}\thechapter.
\MakeUppercase#1i}\par\nobreak

But I still get errors:

LaTeX Font Warning: Command \huge invalid in math mode on input line 1.

PSTricks error.  See User's Guide for further information.
                 Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
! Graphics parameter `fillstye' not defined..
\@pstrickserr ... immediate help.}\errmessage {#1}
                                                  \endgroup
l.1 \chapter{Natural and Other Hazards}

! Missing $ inserted.
<inserted text>
                $
l.1 \chapter{Natural and Other Hazards}

Maybe I should also mention that I am using pdflatex since I have to
include jpeg images. What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks for the help.
--
V. Sasi Kumar <vsasi at hotpop.com>
Visit http://chithariyachinthakal.blogspot.com