[Tugindia] LaTeX Workshop at Nagpur

Kapil Hari Paranjape kapil at imsc.res.in
Mon Mar 5 02:17:49 CET 2007

Hello,

On Sun, 04 Mar 2007, Lalu Mansinha wrote:
> I am new to TUGIndia mailing list.  I am not clear about the term
> "top-posting", and why it is not civil.  Please clarify.

It is also not civil (:-)) to ask questions which are answered in numerous
places. (See for example
	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-posting
	or
	http://catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/T/top-post.html
)

Basically, you should quote the context of your reply *before* you
post your reply. Moreover, it is also a good practice to quote just
enough of the context for the reader to figure out the meaning. The
details can always be found by reading the original.

Regards,

Kapil.