[Tugindia] Let us work on WinEdt

Duvvuri Venu Gopal venugopal_duvvuri at rediffmail.com
Thu Jun 7 13:41:52 CEST 2007

On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 Shefalika Samaddar wrote :
>   Being new to this world, I started with downloading the packages required in Windows XP platform. In WinEdt I am able to create small tex file. How do I complie and how do I get the .ps or .pdf file from Win Edt menu?

The best thing I suggest is Read the beginlatex.pdf (Formatting information by Peter Flynn) available at www.tug.org. It has every details regarding installation of TeX (on various platforms) and using different editors like WinEdt etc.

What is the package(s) you have downloaded? MikTeX is good for Windows and the complete MikTeX is about 400 mb and it can be downloaded from www.tug.org. If you have a very good connection it will take about 1 to 1 1/2 hrs to down load it.

D. Venugopal