[Tugindia] PDF with eps files and margin problem in PDF output

S. venkataraman svenkat at ignou.ac.in
Mon Jul 2 06:34:45 CEST 2007

Behalf
> Of Nilay Bhatt
> Sent: Sunday, July 01, 2007 1:00 PM
> To: TUGIndia Mailing List
> Subject: Re: [Tugindia] PDF with eps files and margin problem in PDF
> output
>
> Dear Venkat,
>
> > (i) I want the final document in PDF. But the images are in eps
> > > format. Any trick / package for including eps files while running
> > > pdflatex.
> > >
> > You can use the package epstopdf which is part of oberdiek package.
> > I have used it in Linux. You need to enable interaction through
shell.
> > When you run pdflatex, it will automatically convert eps files to
pdf.
> > Regards,
> > [S. venkataraman]
> >

> i too have epstopdf  installed on my linux.  But when i run pdflatex,
> it  still searches for pdf figures instead of converting the available
eps
> ones.
> can u be more explicit pl.???
Here is how I use it:
1) Put the command \usepackage{epstopdf}
before \begin{document}
2) Include the .eps graphic file with \includegraphics command as usual.
2) Enable shell interaction with --enable-shell (or something like
that). For example,
pdflatex --enable-shell test.tex.
I do not remember the exact pdflatex option now because I have created
a latex command in auctex that enables shell interaction.  You can
always find the correct option by typing pdflatex --help in the command
line.
Hope this helps.
Best regards,
[S. venkataraman]