[Tugindia] country names should come as running heads in table environment

Senthil Kumar M senthil.debian at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 13:41:29 CEST 2007

On 8/30/07, vara prasad <malliurs_80 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your suggestion Mr. Kushal. But I want to place the table in two                   > column format. The longtable package is not allowed in twocolumn format. So,     > kindly suggess me if any other packages are there to put the names(what I give     > inside the table format) as running heads in table?
>
>   Thanks
>
>   Prasad
>
> Kushal Kumaran <kushal.kumaran at gmail.com> wrote:
>   On 8/30/07, vara prasad wrote:
> > Can anybody help me to put the country names (like whatever I give inside the table environmenrt) as running heads on everypage. The country names will be differring on every page. I will be very thankful if anybody help me to solve this.
> >

> Have you tried the longtable package? See the FAQ entry:
> http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=longtab
>
> --
> Kushal

Hi,
As far as I know, longtable provides headers and footers for tables
spanning multiple pages, For eg:

\begin{longtable}{llr}

\endfirsthead
\multicolumn{3}{c}%
{{\bfseries \tablename\ \thetable{} -- continued from previous page}} \\
\end{longtable}

I really don't know what it has to do with the question raised here on
page running headings (as opposed to tabular headings).

Is it not possible to use \label{} and \ref{} + fancyhdr to achieve
what you want ?

HTH,

Senthil