[Tugindia] Tracking changes in LaTeX document [Was Re: : tugindia Digest]

Senthil Kumar M senthil.debian at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 12:03:46 CEST 2007

On 8/9/07, Josy P. Pullockara <josy at ctfd.cmmacs.ernet.in> wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-08-08 at 16:01 +0530, sudheer wrote:
> > i just want to know whether do we
> > have any option like that of "track changes" (basically his is an option in
> > microsoft word which enables us to tarck whatever changes we do in the
> > document) in latex
>
> If "Version control" is what you are looking for, there are options like
> RCS version control on GNU/Linux, unix and cygwin for files.

[Snipped for brevity]

Hi Sudheer,

1. Have you tried google search before posting your question? The
third result for "Tracking changes in LaTeX" takes you here:

http://trackchanges.sourceforge.net/

>From the above page:
"The goal of the project is to provide editing facilities as known
from word processors like Microsoft Word or OpenOffice Writer for
LaTeX."

2. Please change the subject line that is appropriate to your query
when starting a new thread.

HTH,

Senthil

--/

Quote for the Day:

    "...A strange enigma is man!"
    "Someone calls him a soul concealed in an animal," I suggested.
    "Winwood Reade is good upon the subject," said Holmes.  "He remarked
that, while the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he
becomes a mathematical certainty.  You can, for example, never foretell what
any one man will do, but you can say with precision what an average number
will be up to.  Individuals vary, but percentages remain constant.  So says
the statistician."
        -- Sherlock Holmes, "The Sign of Four"