[Tugindia] standard latex devanagari font package?

Peter Horst phorst at speakeasy.net
Fri Apr 13 06:25:54 CEST 2007

Hi, all - I've checked the last several months of archives, but I
haven't seen anything on this topic, sorry if it's a FAQ nonetheless -

I've just begun studying Sanskrit, and I'm wondering if there is a
"standard" or highly-recommended Devanagari font package for LaTeX - if
it matters, I'm using a current MikTeX setup on Windows XP.  I am just
hoping to find a good-looking font that scales well and which plays
nicely with the default English LaTeX fonts...and I guess I'm also
assuming a package that uses 7-bit input, I'm not using any sort of
alternate keyboarding/input system.

Can anyone guide me?

Thanks much.