[Tugindia] New class file

Steve Peter speter at dandy.net
Sat Sep 30 15:56:43 CEST 2006

On Sep 30, 2006, at 7:28 AM, V. Sasi Kumar wrote:

> I am trying to create a new class file for our reports. I copied the
> report.cls and saved it with a different name (cessar.cls) and
> modified the font for section head. When I compile a document using
> this class file, the output says:
>
> LaTeX Warning: You have requested document class `cessar',
>                but the document class provides `book'.

Are you certain you copied report.cls and not book.cls? In any case,
around line 55 of either file, there is a line:

\ProvidesClass{report}[2004/02/16 v1.4f Standard LaTeX document class]

or in your case,

\ProvidesClass{book}[2004/02/16 v1.4f Standard LaTeX document class]

(The dates and version numbers may be different, depending on what
you have installed.)

Change that line to something like

\ProvidesClass{cessar}[2006/09/30 v1.0 V. Sasi Kumar report document
class]

Steve