[Tugindia] New class file

V. Sasi Kumar vsasi at hotpop.com
Sat Sep 30 13:28:39 CEST 2006

I am trying to create a new class file for our reports. I copied the
report.cls and saved it with a different name (cessar.cls) and
modified the font for section head. When I compile a document using
this class file, the output says:

LaTeX Warning: You have requested document class `cessar',
               but the document class provides `book'.

The section font is the one in the report class. This is my first
attempt at modifying a class file. Could someone please tell me what I
am doing wrong?

Another thing I need to do is to give a grey background to the header
and footer. How can I do that?

Best
--
V. Sasi Kumar <vsasi at hotpop.com>