[Tugindia] Hindi and beamer

Duvvuri Venu Gopal venugopal_duvvuri at rediffmail.com
Wed Sep 20 10:53:54 CEST 2006

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 Dr Vaibhav Shishir Banait wrote :
>Hi,
>I am using beamer to prepare my presentations. Now a days I am adressing
>hindi speaking people and presentations have to be in Hindi too.
>How can I use devnagari script with transliteration if possible to prepare
>presentations.

Hello!

Do you have any idea about the Omega project!

Velthuise wrote macros, preprocessor and fonts for TeX. But it is cumbersome.

Y. Haralambous created OTP's for Devnagari. It uses the fonts created by Velthuise and there is no need of preprocessing the document.

If you interested see the TUG back issues. During 2002 conference he also presented a paper in Trivandrum. If you search the previous postings to this list you will see some postings by me also. If you are interested then I will send the OTPs etc.

I am directly sending you the sample presentation I prepared using Lambda and Prosper. Please note TeX = Omega and LaTeX = Lambda. But still some problems needs resolved.

Venugopal