[Tugindia] eps files

S. venkataraman svenkat at ignou.ac.in
Mon Sep 18 06:59:25 CEST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: tugindia-bounces at tug.org [mailto:tugindia-bounces at tug.org] On
Behalf Of Alexander Nervedi
Sent: Sunday, September 17, 2006 1:19 AM
To: tugindia at tug.org
Subject: [Tugindia] eps files

Hi

I just began working with eps files for my diagrams and am having
trouble
with it. Earlier, i used to use jpgs for diagrams and then
\includegraphics{} with the \userpackage{graphicxs). However, I recently

realised that ghostview will automatically encode the bounding boxes of
graphics and so I think eps versions of diagrams are handled better in
LaTeX.

When I compile on my home computer things look fine, but when I complie
on
my school computer, while the document does compile, none of the
diagrams
are there, just white space where the diagrams should have been. The
remaining text is all where it should be as well. I was wondering if
people
may have a clue/suggestions to help me out.

As is usual, while compiling I used LaTeX and then dvi to pdf. Also, I
am
using WinEdt 5.4 and MikTeX 2.4

Thank you,

Hi!
I am not familiar with winedit.  I use texniccenter. Have you
by any chance set graphics options to draft somewhere? You get
empty boxes in the draft mode.  Check the graphic options.
Best regards,
S. Venkataraman