[Tugindia] Adding a note at the end of a document

V. Sasi Kumar vsasi at hotpop.com
Mon Oct 30 14:09:57 CET 2006

On 30/10/06, David Kastrup <dak at gnu.org> wrote:
> "V. Sasi Kumar" <vsasi at hotpop.com> writes:
>
> > I have several footnotes in a document I am preparing. However, I want
> > to add a note at the end, which is not linked to any material in the
> > body. This may be thought of as something like "This document is
> > released under GNU Free Documentation Licence". It would be good to
> > have this at the end of the document, just as an endnote, but
> > obviously without any number. How can I do this?
>
> \vfill
> {\footnotesize This is an end note at the end.
> \par}

I could do that. But the line that a footnote puts at the top looks
nice and I wanted it there. It took me some time to work out how to do
it---by putting a \rule and the note in a parbox. Thanks.

> Or take a look at the nccfoots package.

Thanks for this suggestion too. It *is* a very useful package.

Best

--
V. Sasi Kumar <vsasi at hotpop.com>
Visit http://chithariyachinthakal.blogspot.com