[Tugindia] tugindia Digest, Vol 42, Issue 3

Ravi Gautam aol_gautam at rediffmail.com
Fri Jun 16 08:16:25 CEST 2006

Hi,
The code that I had refered is the following. I don't know how to extract the full figure number from this code.
Kindly let me know if any body has the solution.
regards,
gautam

  \newcounter{mySubCounter}
\newcommand{\mySubCaption}{}
\newenvironment{myFirstSubFigure}[1] {% caption as parameter
  \addtocounter{figure}{1}% increase the float figure counter
  \begin{mySubFigure}{#1}%
}{%
  \end{mySubFigure}%
}
\newenvironment{mySubFigure}[1] {% caption as parameter
  \renewcommand\mySubCaption{#1}
  \refstepcounter{mySubCounter}
}
{%
  \vspace{1ex}
  \addtocontents{lof}{\protect\contentsline %
         {figure}%
         {\numberline{%
            \arabic{figure}\alph{mySubCounter}}{\mySubCaption}}%
         {\arabic{page}}%
}
  \hfill\textbf{Figure \thefigure\alph{mySubCounter} : }\mySubCaption\hfill%
  \vspace{1ex}%
}
\newenvironment{myLastSubFigure}[1] {% caption as parameter
  \begin{mySubFigure}{#1}
}{%
  \end{mySubFigure}%
  \setcounter{mySubCounter}{0}% resetting the subcounter
}