[Tugindia] Unequal space above and below the equation

josef dev david_jsf at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 3 05:16:07 CET 2006

Dear All,

  I find a problem in LaTeX's handling of equation number. Below is pasted the small test file. On compiling this file one can see that the space below the equation number do not comes same as it comes above and this happens only in case when equation noumber comes on a separate line.

  David

  --------------------------------------test.tex-----------------------------­----------
\documentclass{article}

  \begin{document}

  \title{This is Title}
\author{Author}

  \maketitle

  This is sample file. This is sample file. This is sample file. This is
sample file. This is sample file. This is sample file. This is sample
file.
\begin{equation}
A\alpha + B\beta = \Gamma
\end{equation}
This is sample file. This is sample file. This is sample file. This is
sample file. This is sample file. This is sample file. This is sample
file.
\begin{equation}
A\alpha + B\beta + C\chi + D\delta + E \eta + F + G\gamma + H + I\iota
+ J + K\kappa + L\lambda + M + N\nabla + O\omega + P\pi=
\Gamma%\eqno{(2)}
\end{equation}
This is sample file. This is sample file. This is sample file. This is
sample file. This is sample file. This is sample file. This is sample
file.
  \end{document}