[Tugindia] TeX Live over tetex!

CV Radhakrishnan cvr at river-valley.org
Wed Apr 12 08:40:13 CEST 2006

On Wed, April 12, 2006 2:08 am, Biswanath Chakraborty said:
> Dear Members,
>
>    What are the benefits of installing Tex Live cd over tetex installation
> on my favourite Ubuntu (Breezy) box? Should I install both?

TeXLive is a ready to run CDROM, meaning, you can run TeX and friends from
a CDROM without installing to your hard disk (you can install TeXLive to
your harddisk too if you like).  Also it has binaries and supporting
packages for a variety of operating systems.  In fact, TeXLive is based on
teTeX.  While teTeX has the basic packages, TeXLive is exhaustive with a
vaiety of packages that can meet almost any requirement that can be
accomplished by TeX and friends.

Best regards.