[Tugindia] installing wikner's devanagari fonts on Linux

CV Radhakrishnan cvr at river-valley.com
Mon Sep 19 09:03:10 CEST 2005

On Mon, September 19, 2005 10:16 am, Ravi Parimi said:

[...]

>> copy the *.pfb files to:
>>   $TEXMF/fonts/type1/public/sanskrit
>
> The readme that comes along with Wikner's fonts does not mention .pfb
> files. Looks like I have to create them using some commnad? Can you
> tell me what I should do ?

*.pfb and *.map files are available at:

 ftp://ftp.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/languages/sanskrit/ps-type1/

It is better to use type 1 fonts than using metafont sources to create
raster fonts.  Type1 fonts will provide you better looking pdf documents.

>> copy the *.fd and *.sty files to:
>>   $TEXMF/tex/latex/psnfss
>
> I didn't find any *.fd files at all..

 ftp://ftp.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/languages/sanskrit/ot1skt.fd

>> copy the *.map file to:
>>   $TEXMF/dvips/config
>
> Couldn't find any .map files either.

 ftp://ftp.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/languages/sanskrit/ps-type1/skt.map

> Thanks a lot!

It is a pleasure.

Best