[Tugindia] How to get pdf of same font size

Josy P. Pullockara josy at ctfd.cmmacs.ernet.in
Fri Sep 9 10:06:33 CEST 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-09 at 11:34, S. venkataraman wrote:
> Hi,
> i have generated ps and pdf (using ps2pdf) from latex source. When
> i take print out ps file gives print out of good quality where as
> the size of font gets reduced in pdf. How to get pdf of same quality
> and size as ps file?
> Thanks,
> R. K. Prasad

> Hi!
> When you give the print, check the options. Probably
> one of the options that shrink the page is enabled.
> With best regards,
> S. Venkataraman

By default ps2pdf output`s' in the letter page size and combined with
the above mentioned shrink option can reduce the font size on print -
assuming you are printing onto a4 paper (common in India). You can make
the pdf to a4 size using
ps2pdf -sPAPERSIZE=a4 file.ps

In case the .ps file itself is not in a4 size, you might have to use
other options while creating the .ps file.
--
Josy P. Pullockara

Scientist,                             eMail:josy at ctfd.cmmacs.ernet.in
Computational and Theoretical          Phone:+91-80-2505 1627
Fluid Dynamics Division,               Fax  :+91-80-2522 0952
National Aerospace Laboratories        Res. :+91-80-2524 5053