[Tugindia] Tables clinged to the top of the page

kvmadhav madhavkopalle at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 16:07:30 CET 2005

Hi,
do this

\begin{table}[h]
\begin{center}
\begin{tabular}{H}

 \end{tabular}
 \caption{my table}
 \end{center}
 \end{table}

second,

i found a better way to create table. If you are using Linux, you can
do your tables in gnumeric and save the file as a tex file. instead of
\begin{tabular}...say \input{filename.tex}[H]

then
\caption{xyz}
\end{center}
\end{table}

simple isnt it.

note: remember to use [H] at end of input line other wise any input
objects are floating objects, latex will place them elsewhere. [H}
will force latex to place table at exactly the spot you wanted it.
secondly, this can be used for pictures, figures etc..

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:38:23 +0530, Prakash Mukre
<prakash.mukre at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One feature I observed all the tables are clinged to the top of the
> respective pages. I tried out with a new table in new section in new
> page, again the table came at top then the section heading.
>
> The code I am using is
>
> \begin{table}
> \begin{center}
> \begin{tabular}
> ----
> ----
> ---
> --
> --
> \end{tabular}
> \caption{my table}
> \end{center}
> \end{table}
>
> Please help me.. How to get the tables to their normal position?
> Regards,
> Prakash

> Hi all once again,
> I could create the shaded tables with specified and width and as well
> I could export figures from xfig in pdf and eps format and use them in
> my document.
>
> Now I have a new problem that is controling the position of figures
> and tables. I have tried aligning them and keeping the order in which
> they should appear by giving  new lines ( \\ ) or scaling the figure
> size, I am farely able to do that. But that may not be the right way
> to do that. because the figures seem deshaped and lot of space is
> wasted.
> below is illustation
> ****Section 1 ***************
> *******table 1 **************
> *********figure 1**************
> \\
> \\
> ********* section2 *********
> *******table 2 *********
> ***********figure 2 *************
>
> But the out put is---
>
> _----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> *************table 1*****************************
> ***************section1**********************
> *************figure 1***********************
> ************figure2************************
> ***************section2******************
> ***************table2*********************
> Please help me, how to maintain the order of the object..
>
> Regards,
>
> Prakash
> --
> "Success is a journey, not a destination."
>
> --
> "Success is a journey, not a destination."

regards,
MK
Madhav Kopalle
f-6, gulmohar apts, behind old survey office, borda,
margao- goa 403602

email: madhavkopalle at gmail.com
call me at : 09890281951 /  0832-2713910