[Tugindia] RE: Leading Problem

Vinoth Kumar S. vinoth at sps.co.in
Tue Jul 12 15:28:25 CEST 2005

Dear All,

In my journal the actual leading was 12pt (basetobase) for normal point size and
total number of lines is 50. In DVI-view the leading for each line is 12pt (i.e.) OK.
While after taking the printout, I have measured all the 50 lines at time through pica scale.
It happens some gradual decrease in the leading after 4 or 5 or 6th lines.

It results at the end, instead of 50 lines depth it shows 49.5 lines depth only.

I don't know, why it happens and how can I face it.

My normal size definition is

\renewcommand\normalsize{%
   \@setfontsize\normalsize{10pt}{12pt}%
   \abovedisplayskip 9pt plus 4pt minus 3pt %12\p@ \@plus6\p@ \@minus4\p@
   \abovedisplayshortskip \z@ \@plus3\p@
   \belowdisplayshortskip 6\p@ \@plus3\p@ \@minus3\p@
   \belowdisplayskip\abovedisplayskip
   \spaceskip 0.4em plus 0.075em minus 0.075em%%
   \baselineskip12pt%% MS
   \let\@listi\@listI}
\normalsize

Please any body suggest me, Is there any idea to fix it in format.

Thanks in advance,
Vinoth Kumar S.