[Tugindia] why is tex so complicated?

CV Radhakrishnan cvr at river-valley.com
Mon Jul 4 08:23:40 CEST 2005

On Mon, July 4, 2005 9:22 am, Sudarshan Iyengar said:

> This group is really amazing... I believe i can learn quite a lot within a
> short span of time.
>
> thank you very much... I believe calling one by one's first name is a mark
> of respect.

Perfect.  I agree with you entirely.

> Many don't like to called as sir.

Sure, I am one among that lot.

> i am sorry if i have offended him by calling his name...

Need not be apologetic at all.  I'm hardly bothered about how I am addressed.

[...]

But very much bothered if people don't follow list guidelines like
trimming one's own post, quoting the relevant portion alone from the

Mailing lists are like conversations.  I ask the question, you reply at
the right position by quoting the right amount of material from my post so
that it becomes coherent and more communicative.  By top-posting one
answers before the question is being asked!

It might be worthwhile if you spare a few moments to read the list
guidelines at:

and more about "How to correctly quote e-mails and news posts" at:

  http://pub.tsn.dk/how-to-quote.php