[Tugindia] help required with numbered lists

Mr M senthil kumar senthil at www.cdfd.org.in
Fri Jul 1 13:26:58 CEST 2005

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005, Dr. Anoop Sinha wrote:
> I need some help to typeset question papers, especially multiple choice
> questions.
>
> This is what I need:
>
> 1. Which answer is true?
> 	a. one		b. two
> 	c. three		d. four
>
> 2. What is the answer?
> 	a. one		b. two
> 	c. three		d. four
>
> Alternatively, the format could also be:

Hi,

Although mine is not a neat trick, it does what you want. Please find an
example below. I used multicol and paralist packages. I would be
interested to know if there are any better solutions.

As you can see, one has to begin and end multicol for each and every
question.

HTH,

Senthil

%%Begin Example

\documentclass[12pt,a4paper]{article}
\usepackage{multicol,paralist}
\begin{document}
\begin{enumerate}
\item
What is the answer to Life, the Universe and Everything ?
\begin{multicols}{2}
\begin{enumerate}[(a)]
\item
23