[Tugindia] BHU - LaTeX Training

Duvvuri Venu Gopal venugopal_duvvuri at rediffmail.com
Sat Jan 22 14:46:22 CET 2005

Dear Shri Radhakrishnan ji,

Hope this letter reaches you in best of your health and cheer. I already wrote to you about the Inauguration of the LaTeX Course started here on January 17th in the School of Biotechnology. Till now I haven't received any reply. That's why I am a little bit worried.

Today I concluded the Course with a multiple choice examination of 25 marks (examination paper prepared using LaTeX and exam.cls - there are two exam.cls on the net and the exam.cls I used has the facility of jumbling the questions!!). Lated I also asked them to prepare a short article (in two person team) and allowing them to see the manuals if needed. The maximum marks obtained are - 20 out of 25, two persons obtained 19, and two persons obtained 18 (for written multiple choice questions). I have to still evaluate the papers they prepared.

Though we gave admission to 38 persons, only 36 persons attended the classes. The students enjoyed the course and fascinated by the features, particularly that of BibTeX. They want to know more about graphics and presentation software. Though yesterday was a holiday due to Bakrid, the students asked me to take class so I introduced them to the graphics (PS Tricks) and Presentation (TeXPower).

The group members are showing interest to meet regularly, so I asked them to meet on next saturday at 3.00 p.m. in Biotechnology.

This is all possible due to the blessings of elders like you, our Vice-Chancellor - Prof. P. Ramachandra Rao, and cooperation from my colleagues.

Looking forward to receive a reply,

Yours sincerely

D. Venu Gopal
Banaras Hindu University