[Tugindia] ps and jpg files in pdfscreen

S. venkataraman svenkat at ignou.ac.in
Mon Apr 25 07:38:33 CEST 2005

Dear all,

I am using pdfscreen package for presentation.
I already have few .jpg files in the pdf file.
I want to insert few .eps files in the tex file with pdfscreen package.
With pdf file only .jpg, .png will go but not .eps.
What will be the quick trick to do so?
This .eps files are made with pstricks.

-Manjusha Joshi
Hi!
If you are going to work in Linux and will be
doing this sort of thing often, \DeclareGraphicsRule
command may be a good idea. Latex will call
imagemagick convert utility to convert to
appropriate format. There are some caveats though:
1) I have never used this command, I have seen
this in the graphics guide epslatex, which is incidentally
a very detailed guide for issued related to graphics. There,
the issue was perhaps how to convert files in the other formats
to eps format.
2)This guide is 1999 vintage.Things could have
changed.
Still, the idea is attractive, because using this
command in conjunction with ifthenelse package
one can ask latex to do all the format conversion,
either from jpg to eps or eps to jpg as necessary.
Not a revolutionary, new, idea,
but interesting, nevertheless! I plan to try this out
because I have many files where I have included .eps files
and I want to create pdf using pdflatex.
Regards,
S. Venkataraman