[Tugindia] Line overflow

Manoj Kummini kummini at math.ukans.edu
Thu Sep 2 06:06:25 CEST 2004

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 03:30:41hrs +0000, Arun Kejariwal wrote:

>      In some cases like citations, section titles, latex does not
> "hyphenate"  at the end of the line. It leads to line overflow. Is there
> some way by which I can force latex to wraparound a word (through
> hyphenation) or simply move the (overflow) word to the next line while

TeX looks at penalty values for determining whether to move a word at the
end of a line to the next line or not. Increasing the penalties might do
the work. Here is the TeX FAQ:

With regards,

Manoj Kummini
Graduate Student, Dept. of Mathematics, The Univ. of Kansas,
Lawrence KS 66045 USA.  38 deg 55 min N, 95 deg 14 min W.