[Tugindia] Re: 5 figures or more per page (goutham madonkar)

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Wed Oct 20 11:35:59 CEST 2004

<<< On Oct 20, Stefan Scriba wrote >>>

> Hi
> I would like to put more than 4 images on a page, how can I do this? I
> have tried putting
> \setcounter{totalnumber}{6}
> into the preamble, but the maximum number of images is still 4.
> Any advice please?
> Stefan

You need not put each image as a separate float. You can put more than
one graphic in the same float, for example

\begin{figure}[!t!p]
\centering
\includegraphics{figure1}
\caption{Figure 1}
\label{fig:1}
\\%
\includegraphis{figure2}
\caption{Figure 2}
\label{fig:2}
\end{figure}

HTH,
Aditya

> Hi
>  use \renewcommand{\topfraction}{1}.
> Default \topfraction = 0.7 ie 70% of textheight only occupy figures...
> if u want more... increase \topfraction
> bye
> gautham
>
> Hi Gautham
> tried that - unfortunately, that does not seem to solve the problem. I
> think the problem is that Latex struggles to handle more than 4 floating
> figures per page.
> Have found an interesting solution though - the figsize package allows
> one to make a grid of figures, with as many rows and columns as one
> requires - very powerful! It will automatically scales the images to fit
> nicely into the available space.
> Have a nice day,
> Stefan

Aditya Mahajan, EECS Systems, University of Michigan
http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~adityam || Ph: 7342624008