[Tugindia] framebox problem in Visiting Card

H S Rai hsraidce at iitr.ernet.in
Sun Nov 14 07:31:20 CET 2004

Yesterday at 8:06pm +0530 CV Radhakrishnan wrote:

>   You have to enclose the contents of \framebox in a minipage or parbox.
>   See a modified version at:
>    http://tug.org/~cvr/vcard.tex    http://tug.org/~cvr/vcard.pdf

Thank you for your solution. However I found you have added a few
more changes and that way you have given me chance to know more. I
will appreciate I you could spare time to clarify followings, which
you used in vcard.tex :

> \usepackage{pxfonts}
> \pdfmapfile{+pxr2.map}
> \def\ttdefault{cmtt}

What is the role of above commnads. Some specific font (desirable for
Visitng Cards)?

> \vbox

I could not find "\vbox" in "info latex". Is is part of some package,
which need to be added?

What was the problem with original my file? Nested tables or conflict
of "\\"  with \framebox?

Thanks in anticipation.

--
H.S.Rai    http://www.grex.org/~hsrai | Registered Linux User # 223684
http://counter.li.org/cgi-bin/runscript/display-person.cgi?user=223684

:
####[ GNU/Linux One Stanza Tip (LOST) ]#######################

Sub : Sysadmin things (hostname in RedHat)           LOST #201

To change the host name of your RH machine, as  root edit file
/etc/hostname. Secondly, place in file  /etc/sysconfig/network
'HOSTNAME=hostname_string',  else on  reboot it will revert to
localhost.localdomain! Its a RH quirk !

: