[Tugindia] Dvipsone Page sizes

Ragu.solaiappan, Integra ragu.solaiappan at integra-india.com
Sat May 8 12:04:48 CEST 2004

Dear Suresh,

The Dvipsone of YandY takes (rounded) points as the default unit
for all their dvi to PS creations.

The conversion it does is (1/12)*(pt/6)*25.4=mm.  When it does such
conversion, you will get different output because of the rounding value.
You cannot escape from this error until you change your default
setting of dvipsone from pt to mm.

dvipsone.exe -l=300*400 -*P=300*400 -f=c:/psfonts %1

The 300, and 400 are all points (unit) for you - where is the mm?

Regards
Ragu

Dear All,

  When I make the ps-pdf from the dvi file (with option ==> dvipsone -l=a4
*.dvi), the PDF page is showing slightly shorter pages (209.9 x 296.7mm)
than the a4 paper size. I want the exact size of a4 paper.

  And, the measured values in the dviwindo are varying in the PDF output. Is
it, because of the difference between the   Measured value and the
calculated value or some thing else.

Any suggestions regarding these will be helpful for me.

Thanking you in advance.

with regards
suresh