[Tugindia] pdfscreen paneloverlay

CV Radhakrishnan cvr at river-valley.org
Fri Jul 30 06:53:04 CEST 2004

<atrivedi2 at student.gsu.edu> writes:

    Aditya> I guess this question is for C.V. Radhakrishnan but an
    Aditya> answer from anyone is welcome.  I was looking at different
    Aditya> overlays in pdfscreen (an excellent package by the way). I
    Aditya> wanted a paneloverlay to match overlay2. I saw that
    Aditya> but.pdf a panel overlay was created using
    Aditya> dvips+distiller. I imagine tex was used.

    Aditya> How can I create a paneloverlay like but.pdf? Can you
    Aditya> share the code for it?

With pleasure.

It is available at:

   http://tug.org/~cvr/but.tex

The procedure is:

 * latex but

 * dvips -E but -o

 * epstopdf but.ps

However, you might want to adjust the bounding box of the resultant
eps from but.dvi, because of the known problems of dvips and pstricks
macros.

I have done a bit of work to ease your job which is given in the
template.tex available at:

  http://tug.org/~cvr/template.tex

This is the template used to create all the overlays.  When you run
latex, it will also write a shell script, genoverlay.sh.  You might
run this shellscript after switching on the executable bit, to create
the pdf from dvi.

Hope this helps