[Tugindia] Call for TUGDelhi meet

Amitabh Trehaan amitabhtrehan at softhome.net
Thu Jul 1 13:10:50 CEST 2004

Hi all,
It's time for TuGGies (and non-Tuggies) in and around Delhi to meet. I
propose we meet on 11th July Sunday (at Sarai, Rajpur road, Delhi). Here
is a small brief with this mail. Your suggestions are invited for
topics, format, time, venue of meet etc etc.
 exciting things are continuing to happen in the TeX world and we need
to size them up. Omega, Metapost, ConText, fonts usage with TeX etc.
There is the important issue of Unicode with TeX, and usage of TeX for
indian language applications.  Also, taking TeX to layman with
interfaces like LyX, and developing projects like Indic_lyx to get
Indian language interface etc etc.

Amitabh Trehaan
secretary, TUGDelhi

TeX Users Group Delhi Meeting
----------------------------
Proposed date: 11 July 2004
Proposed Venue: Sarai, CSDS, 29, Rajpur Road, Delhi. / maths deptt. IIT delhi.

======
Goodies: Free copies of TeXlive8 (2003) with updated devanagari (i.e. TUGDelhi release).
========

Proposed Topics
--------------
-LaTeX Introduction: Concepts and Coding (esp. for newbies)
-LaTeX Front-Ends: (TeXShell, LyX etc) examples and issues.
Project Ideas:
 1) Indic_Lyx: Project begun in Sarai to bring devanagari support to the WYSIWYM GUI Lyx (coded in C++).
 2)  procv, others ???
-Discussion on Unicode and TeX issues
-Localisation needs, issues and where TeX can fit in.

(suggest speakers, Venkat??)
TugDelhi Re-organization : revamping TUGDelhi structure, memberships, industry interaction, events.

(Well, Maybe we can find some Snakes and Tees around