[Tugindia] Regarding "The TeX Book"

Saravanan MK saravanan.mk at st.com
Thu Feb 26 05:35:38 CET 2004

prabhu harihara nandanan wrote:

> very interested in programming in TeX. But I can't get the "The TeX Book" by
> "Donald E. Knuth" in Chennai, even in very big book shops. They are saying
> that they didn't receive the book like this. So I Request you to inform me
> about how to get that book. I will be so grateful to you, if I get that book.
> Please let me know where to find that book.

You can tell them the ISBN number of the book:

"The TeXbook" by Donald E. Knuth (Reading, Massachusetts: Addison-Wesley, 1984),
x+483pp. ISBN 0-201-13448-9

Usually you can order almost any technical books with Eswar Book house in
Mambalam (T.Nagar).  If they don't have they can order for you.  I don't know
whether the Indian Edition of the above book is available.  The original
hardcover book should be around USD40/-

-- mks --

--
M K Saravanan