[Tugindia] I'm a new user of LaTeX

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Sat Apr 10 13:46:54 CEST 2004

"A.S. Diwakar" <compuprint at touchtelindia.net> writes:

> I'm a new user TeX. I don't no wat is wrong in the following usage of
> mathematical commands which is not working in my TeX System.
>
> \begin{split}
> .
> .
> .
> \end{split}
>
> \begin{multline}
> .
> .
> .
> \end{multline}

You are missing a \documentclass command, and a \begin{document} and
\end{document}.  And ... is not a proper formula.

> I'm using {amsmath} package and documentclass{book}. All other things
> working pretty well.

Well, how then about preparing a complete minimal example that does
not work on your system?  One that helpers can just write out to a
LaTeX file and then tell you whether it works at their site, or what
you did wrong?

The above is simply insufficient for diagnosing a problem.