[Tugindia] Devanagari Numerals

Duvvuri Venu Gopal venugopal_duvvuri at rediffmail.com
Wed Apr 7 12:21:35 CEST 2004

On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 Himal sharma wrote :
>I am using dvng-omega to compile an article in
>devanagari. I am facing a problem with the numbers, I
>get only the arabic numerals. Could someone please
>suggest me how to obtain the devanari numbers. The
>follwoing is a sample article:

Till now I also haven't observed this. On looking the velthuis2unicode.otp I found that numerals were not defined. Like wise in other otp's also.

in velthuis2unicode.otp you have to add like this :-

`1' => @"0966 ;
`2' => @"0967 ;

`0' => @"096F

then in  in hindi-cuni2font.otp the following are to be added in aliases:

ZERO => (@"096F) ;
ONE => (@"0966) ;
NINE => (@"096E) etc.

Then we have to add the following also in the same file after {ZA}??

{ZERO} => @"00XX ;
{ONE} => @"00XX

here XX denotes the position /value in the font table. The font table is not readily available hence I am not writing it.

There are also my presumptions and I think it will work.
Within one or two days I will try this scheme and let you inform. In the mean time you can also try??

Venu Gopal

Sir, am I correct??

Venu Gopal