[Tugindia] pdfLaTeX - lengths

Kapil Hari Paranjape kapil at imsc.res.in
Fri Sep 12 09:49:15 CEST 2003

Dear Sateesh,

You wrote:
> I wanted to make a document with fixed margins and textwidth in
> A4paper size. I set all these lengths and compiled with pdflatex using
> tex under linux but the output pdf file differed in margins, textwidth
> etc though not much. What could be the problem? I was also using
> txfonts.

There is not much detail in your mail.

What was your document "class"? (Presumably article)

What were the options used? (presumably none)

What additional packages were loaded? (presumably txfonts)

What commands did you use to set margins and textwidth?

In any case there is a general package called "geometry" that can be
used to do fancy things with margins and page layout. Perhaps you want
to examine it.

Regards,

Kapil.