[Tugindia] help with headers

V. Sharma vs272 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Sep 3 16:12:56 CEST 2003

I would like to use a header, where the chapter name or the short
chaptername is on the left side in uppercase and on the right side we have
the section number followed by the section in uppercase. This is separated
from the body by a headrule. Further is it possible for the section font to
automatically resize if the section is long to maintain a maximum
.3/textwidth for the chapter and .6/textwidth for the section and a gap of
.1/textwidth between the two.The footer to have pagenumber in arabic. Am i
asking too much? I tried using fancyhdr but I am unable to achieve this
although some of my attempts have been outlined in this list previously
with another problem. I am sure this list will have some knowledgeable
person show me how? regards vivek