[Tugindia] making a resume with latex

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Tue Sep 2 06:40:48 CEST 2003

    Amitabh> There is a package called vita . you can use that. In
    Amitabh> fact, I've modified it for my needs and may soon put it
    Amitabh> on sarovar.org tentatively called procv . just waiting
    Amitabh> for feedback from cvr!!!

Amitabh, I have replied you on Aug 8, 2003. I guess, you had some mail
problem.  Here goes my reply:

    Amitabh> Hi CVR, how are you? long time no contact with you.  I
    Amitabh> was preparing my CV using vita.cls but found it was not
    Amitabh> suitable for the present context in Indian industrial
    Amitabh> scenario

You're right.

    Amitabh> so I made some modifications to it to create a new class
    Amitabh> procv.cls.

That is great. Why don't you tell this in the list and ask people to
use it?

    Amitabh> Is it permitted to release a new class which is a
    Amitabh> modification of a previous one.

Sure.  But you must tell this in the preamble and acknowledge the
author for the code you have reused.

    Amitabh> I am thinking of floating it up on sarovar.org if you so
    Amitabh> advise.

That is the best idea. People would add more functionalities as and
when they feel like.  Also people would help you polish the
documentation.

    Amitabh> Then, people can work on it to create a class for
    Amitabh> professional CVs which I think is missing. I've just done
    Amitabh> a hack which can be vastly improved. I am sending you my
    Amitabh> CV which I prepared using it, for your comments.

The PDF looks great. Please go ahead.