[Tugindia] Balanced column in twocolumn mode

Kapil Hari Paranjape kapil at imsc.res.in
Mon Sep 1 13:56:51 CEST 2003

Hello,

> Frederick Noronha (FN) wrote:
>
>   I downloaded this. Sorry for my ignorance, but using Lyx, how does one
>   install a *.sty package? FN

As long as the 'whatever.sty' file is in the path for TeX (for example, if you
put it in your working directory) you can put the following in the
preamble of your file

	\usepackage{whatever}

Substitute your package name instead of whatever.

You must input this as a LaTeX command in LyX and not as text! I think
that LyX does this automatically in its preamble section but it is a
while since I used LyX.

Hope this help,

Kapil.

--
An adequate bootstrap is a contradiction in terms.