[Tugindia] windvi / itrans problem

amitava maity amaity at vsnl.net
Tue Oct 21 23:07:32 CEST 2003

>>Hi!
>>I left out the most important part. You have to run the
>> tex-hash or its equivalent to refresh the file name database.
>>Other than this, everything should be fine.
>>Venkataraman
>

> Many many times CVR reminds about top posting. No matter how many times he reminds still the practice is going on. PLEASE DO NOT TOP POST!!
>
> I also have some bad experience with "itrans".
>
> Amaity - Is it necessary to give the full path? Have you tried issuing "itrans" in the directory where the *.itx file is residing?
>
> 1) Is the "itrans" in the path? (see the autoexec.bat)
>
> 2) change to the directory where *.itx is residing.
>
> 3) First Issue "itrans" command there
>
> 4) Then run LaTeX on the file so generated.
>
> Generally the output is written is written in the same directory where the original file is.
>
> Thank you
>
> D. Venu Gopal
Mr Venkatraman

Many thanks for the help offered so far and the link that you posted. I
have run texhash but it doesn't help. After a lot of head scratching I
realise that I have not added anything to autoexecute.bat but I not sure
  if this is a problem.

Mr Venu Gopal

I am running TexLive of the CDROM. All I have done so far is to build a
local tex tree that can be done from the CDROM itself. I have downloaded
itrans53 and shifted the itrans files to the relevant directories in the
local tex tree which is in c:\Tex.

I have not added any path in autoexecute.bat yet. Could you please give
me some guidance?

Sincerely yours - amaity.