[Tugindia] windvi / itrans problem

amitava maity amaity at vsnl.net
Tue Oct 21 07:16:20 CEST 2003

S. venkataraman wrote:

> Hi!
> Create the following directories:
> C:/Tex/texmf/fonts/source/itrans. Put the metafont files(.mf)
> C:/Tex/texmf/fonts/tfm/itrans. Put all the .tfm files here.
> C:/Tex/texmf/fonts/type1/itrans. Put all the .pfa and .pfb files here.
> C:/Tex/texmf/fonts/afm/itrans. Put all the afm files here.
> C:/Tex/texmf/fonts/vf Put all the virtual font files (.vf)here.(If my
> memory serves
>  me right, there are no .vf files with itrans package.)
> You seem to have carried out  whatever that is necessary for the dvips.
> These instructions should be enough.
> Best of luck,
> Venkataraman
Mr Venkatraman

Your instructions didn't solve my problem but that is due to the
massive ignorance in the area that I am groping about in. Many thanks
for the tips that you have given so far.

When I do the following:

itrans -v -i c:/amaity/example.itx -o c:/amaity/example.tex
latex c:/amaity/example.tex

the .dvi file lands up in c:/Program Files/NTEmacs/bin/

That's the directory current when Emacs is run. How do I change this so
that the .dvi file goes where the .itx and .tex files are.

Trying to view the dvi file with

windvi c:/Program Files/NTEmacs/bin/example.dvi

brings a log file that disappears immediately. I can't view the output.

It seems like I have not been able to resolve the configuration issues.
Any suggestions?

Sincerely -amaity.