[Tugindia] incredible Problem with dvips + pslatex

Amitabh Trehan amitabhtrehan at softhome.net
Thu Oct 9 07:37:24 CEST 2003

I remember a procedure given for conversion of a tex file to pdf. It
was-
 dvips -Ppdf file.dvi -o
 ps2pdf file.ps .

I used pslatex to create file i.e. pslatex file.tex .
I found that wherever fi occurs in my tex and dvi file it has been
replaced by the ligature for the pound sign (the british currency).
if I just say dvips file.dvi, this doesnt happen, or if I don't use
pslatex.
 How do I control this behaviour?
 try a simple article class document with the lines:

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
What d ya say bout a twenty five years old girl who konked off.
\end{document}

pslatex file.tex
dvips -Ppdf file.dvi -o

Amitabh

--
Amitabh Trehan <amitabh at hindivishwa.org>
Mahatma Gandhi Antarrashtriya Hindi Vishwavidyalaya