[Tugindia] Secretaryship

Satish Babu sb at inapp.com
Sun Mar 30 11:45:52 CEST 2003

Dear fellow TUG members
First of all, apologies for the delay in responding--I've been travelling and
have been able to access my mail only this morning.

I am honoured to accept the position of the Secretary of TUG India, a
responsibility that I find challenging. I recognize the giant strides made by the
team before me, and would like to emulate their footsteps in promoting the
cause of TeX in India.

Perhaps because of my background in the Development sector, TeX to me is
not merely an extremely powerful text processing tool--in the Indian context, it
has the potential to become a provider of employment and livelihoods. Futher,
TeX, like other software of the FLOSS (Free, Libré and Open Source) genre,
embodies the principle of empowering users, which elevates it from
merely being a tool.

Fulfilling a responsibility of this nature would be impossible without the
cooperation and active participation of the members of TUG India. I request the
support of each one of you during the next several months, to ensure that we
are able to collectively fulfil the vision and mandate of TUG India.

Best regards

Satish

On 28 Mar 2003 12:44:26 +0530, Radhakrishnan CV wrote

sb at inapp.com