[Tugindia] Could we find breaking point of each page

Kapil Hari Paranjape kapil at imsc.res.in
Fri Mar 7 07:22:07 CET 2003

Hello,

On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 02:02:29PM +0530, Baskaran.K wrote:

> How to get the end of word on each page dvi output. Could we find breaking
> point of each page.
> Kindly request your suggestion.
> Regards
> baskaran nk

What exactly do you mean? If you want to see how the dvi file looks you
can use a dvi viewer. If you want TeX to tell you the last word that it
typeset on each page that seems like a non-trivial and pointless
programming task. Why exactly do you want to do this?

As an exercise in TeX hacking maybe you can learn a lot from trying
to do this but I do not see any direct benefits to beautifully typset
manuscripts :-)

Kapil.

--
Arithmetic is being able to count up to twenty without taking off your shoes.
		-- Mickey Mouse