[Tugindia] Sr. No. in `references'

H S Rai hsraidce at iitr.ernet.in
Fri Jun 13 20:48:36 CEST 2003

Today at 3:13pm +0530 ajith at river-valley.com wrote:

>   I just extracted the definition from natbib.sty and modified.
>
>       \ifnum\theaj<10\hspace*{5pt}\theaj.~\else\theaj.~\fi
>
>   and check. Again it will align only upto 99 bib, from 100th bib it
>   will make align problem. Hope this is OK for now.

Yes, it is now workable. I think  with more `ifthen' can easily extend
it to upto 999 entries. Or can  there be more issues with that? Thanks
once again. It will be O.K. But as  TeX is supposed to be high quality
text processing tool (ofcource it demands  right kind of man power), I
would like to have following on my wish list:

Presently, it seems that dot  after Sr. No. are aligned (Sr. No. right
justified), but there appears variable  spacing between this `dot' and
first character of text. May we make it fixed? Then first character of
all subsequent  lines should  come below this  first character  of Ist
line.

--
H.S.Rai