[Tugindia] Sr. No. in `references'

H S Rai hsraidce at iitr.ernet.in
Fri Jun 13 15:41:07 CEST 2003

Today at 1:29pm +0530 ajith at river-valley.com wrote:

>   Put this in the top of your document and see whether this is OK
>
>   \makeatletter
>   \newcounter{aj} %%% one counter defined
>   \setcounter{aj}{0} %%%

<snip>
>   \setlength{\bibhang}{3em}  %%%  This  defines the  hanging  indent
>   \makeatother

Thank you Ajith. It produced numbers as desired. But there seems to be
some minor problem. Neither numbers nor text which start after numbers
are well  aligned. If you can  help me  in making that  fine also. The
fact  is that  the  solution  you sent,  is  something  which I  can't
understand and modify :-(

Thank you once again for your help, and sparing time for me.

With regards,

--
H.S.Rai